1. What is MRCP/MRCS/MRCOG?
MRCP, MRCS and MRCOG are internationally recognised Post Graduate Level Qualification in General Medicine, General Surgery and Gynaecology and Obstetrics. These qualifications are awarded by the Royal college of physicians, Royal college of Surgeons and the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists on successfully passing the examinations.
2. Is the qualification MCI approved?
Yes, the qualification is MCI approved. It is a globally approved and recognised qualification.
3. Is the qualification equivalent to Md/MS?
These are internationally recognised Post Graduate Level qualification which are almost equivalent to MD/MS qualification in India.
4. Are MRCP, MRCS and MRCOG entrance exam for PG courses in UK?
No, these are not entrance exams but are PG level qualifications in UK.
5. What is the Eligibility?
MBBS degree with one year of internship
6. Do you have to travel to UK for the Exam?
All parts of MRCP and MRCS examinations can be taken in India. MRCOG Part 1 and 2 can be taken in India but one has to travel to either Hong Kong, Singapore or London for MRCOG Part 3.
7. What is the validity of the qualification?
The final qualification is valid for a lifetime. The validity of different parts before completion of final degree is 7 years.
8. Do you have to complete all parts at once?
Not necessarily. Each part is valid for 7 years. Once can make 6 attempts at clearing the parts.
9. What is our Role?
We at PGAMS, offer training and coaching to help you clear the examinations. We offer hard and soft copies of books, notes, question banks, online lectures and mock test which will aid in assessing and evaluating your preparation level. We also assist in filling up forms and registering with the Royal Colleges for the examinations
10. What is the total duration of the course?
The duration of coaching offered by us is 3/6 months of intensive training per part.
11. Do you offer regular classes?
Our classes are online classes and on weekends
12. When should you enrol?
On completion of UG degree and 1 year of internship
13. Who are the Faculty?
At PGAMS, our Faculties are experienced and learned doctors from Kings College London, University of Leeds, University of Edinburgh, University of Glasgow, and Imperial College.
14. What is the teaching method?
We offer online lectures, 6 hours a weekend. The sessions are interactive. In case, you cannot login and attend the interactive session, you can get access to recorded lectures.
15. What is the pass percentage?
16. Can you work in India with this qualification?
Yes, you can work at private hospitals with these qualifications.
17. If you clear this qualification do you still need to clear FMGE if your MBBS degree is from abroad?